Sunday, December 13, 2015

Lab day 1 and 2

In this lab we added Copper (II) Chloride and water to a baby food jar. Then after we stirred the solution we placed a nail into it. After placing the nail into the solution we left it for one day. Then when we came back the next day we had to siphon off the Iron (II) Chloride leaving all the copper in the baby jar. After doing this we had to wash off the copper. Finally we have to let it dry for 1 to 2 days. I thought this was a pretty cool lab and the pre lab quiz was fairly simple because it was a question based off stoichiometry. Here are some pictures from are lab.





4 comments:

  1. I like the detailed explanation with the pictures you had used. It gives me a good understanding if I hadn't done the lab myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are really cool; I like how you took a picture of each step. I think it really helps students understand what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also appreciated the ease with which I had completed the pre-lab quiz. Your pictures are very good and a great aid to show people what this lab was all about. Thanks for your concise steps as well, your summary of the lab was well-constructed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thought that this lab was much simpler than others, it was very nice to make it through the pre lab question easily. I agree that this lab was very enjoyable and I would not mind doing another one like this again.

    ReplyDelete