Monday, September 14, 2015

Frontier Project

During the frontier project we found plants in Eastern Deciduous Forest and Tall Grass Prairie habitat that helped with different maladies. During this project i found it difficult to find plants for each malady such as burns. I found that there are many resources online that help as well as books that can be found at the library. For my project i want people to notice how for some of the maladies i was able to find multiple plants. If i was to do this project again i most likely would start as soon as i got the project so that way i wouldn't have to fit it all in to the last two weeks. Also i would have to make sure what plants were in season because when trying to get my pictures for the project i kept looking for plants that were not even in season.

This relates to the real world because many chemists use these plants chemical properties to make the medicine we use today. Also it is good to have the knowledge of medicinal uses of plants in case they are needed in a survival situation. From here I could continue my research and pass my knowledge on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment