Thursday, September 17, 2015

Atomic inference activity

Yesterday we completed an inference activity. In this activity there were covered plates with different designs and a marble. What we had to do was roll the marble around and try to infer what shape or design was without being able to see it. After a couple minutes of trying to figure out what shape it was me and my lab partner wrote down our inferences and then uncovered the plate. Most of the time we ended up being wrong. One thing that was hard about this lab was that we couldn't see what we were doing. This is comparable to Ruthfords experiment where he bounced things off the atom trying to find the structure of it.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate Kayla's insight to this activity because I felt exactly the same way, in that I was not very good at making inferences based on very little given information. I now really respect what Rutherford did, and based on her post, I think Kayla does, too.

    ReplyDelete