Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Freaking out for nothing

Today we took our first quiz in the unit Atomic Structure and Radioactivity. During this section we learned about how to find the protons, neutrons, and electrons of each element and also learned the formula that helped us calculate the average atomic weight of isotopes. Before this quiz I was freaking out because I thought there were going to be very difficult answers so I study a decent amount last night and this morning right before the test. This studying paid off because I believe I ended up doing pretty well. One thing that helped me study was being able to look back on all of my notes that I took from this unit and last. These notes really help me. Also there are a couple Bohzeman videos that explain the periodic table and show you where to find different things on it. This was also very helpful. Compared to the pre-test that we took awhile ago I feel confident that I have gained more knowledge on this subject.

Bohzeman Videos can be watched here!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with this. After taking the pre-test, I was worried about the information we would be learning in this unit. However, when it came to the quiz, I felt very confident in my abilities. Since I had been nervous, I had taken more time to study it, and that was definitely very beneficial for me when I took this quiz.

    ReplyDelete